Our own homemade soppressata. Sweet and tangy. Made with natural casing. Aged approximately 4 weeks.
- Keep refrigerated
- Item will continue drying in storage
- White powdery substance on casing is normal
- Black or dark mold is not good
- Cut off dry portion where previously sliced and continue enjoying
- Once product is sliced it must be consumed within a few days, as flavor begins to diminish
- Soppessata casing should be removed prior to eating, though it is natural, it will be tough to chew and is undesirable.
- Dry products can last a long time when stored properly, i.e. a lower humidity drawer in your refrigerator, and wrapped in thick wax paper or plastic wrap.
- If you want to remove entire casing, (to use entire piece at one time) wet exterior generously, score it with a sharp knife and you should be able to peel it off easily. Do not peel entire thing if you want to store it.
- any questions feel free to call or email