Our own homemade soppressata or dry sausage. Sweet or spicy. Made with natural casing. Aged approximately 3 weeks.
Home Made Italian Salumi
- Keep refrigerated
- Item will continue drying in storage
- White powdery substance on casing is normal
- Black or dark mold is not good
- Cut off dry portion where previously sliced and continue enjoying
- Once product is sliced it must be consumed within a few days, as flavor begins to diminish
- Soppessata casing should be removed prior to eating, though it is natural, it will be tough to chew and is undesirable.
- Dry products can last a long time when stored properly, i.e. a lower humidity drawer in your refrigerator, and wrapped in thick wax paper or plastic wrap.
- If you want to remove entire casing, (to use entire piece at one time) wet exterior generously, score it with a sharp knife and you should be able to peel it off easily. Do not peel entire casing if you want to store it.
- any questions feel free to call or email
All items will be weighed and priced at time of order.
We use usps priority mail shipping, so shipping will be determined by the size of the box used.